Research + Practice Fellowships for STEM Educators
Posted by Research + Practice Collaboratory on January 25, 2016
2016 R+P Travel Fellowship Application
The Research + Practice Collaboratory supports increased communication and collaboration among STEM educators and educational researchers. To advance this cause, we are launching the R+P Travel Fellowship program to support educators to travel to research conferences, and researchers to travel to educator conferences. For example, educators interested in connecting with educational research can apply for funds to travel to regional or national conferences such as AERA, CSSS, NARST, or NCSM. Researchers wanting to engage with the practice community can apply for funds to travel to conferences like ASTC, ISTE, NCTM, or NSTA.
Graduate students, K-12 teachers, and informal learning educators are all encouraged to apply. Fill out the application below, including your travel budget, by Friday, February 12, 2016. Funds can be used towards event registration, travel, lodging, and federal per diem rates for meals. Candidates should describe the purpose of the travel and how you feel it will support both your work and the field with which you want to engage. Applicants must work and reside in the U.S. Eligible 2016 conferences include (but aren’t limited to): AERA, ASTC, CSSS, ISTE, NARST, NCSM, NCTM, & NSTA.
R+P Fellows will be asked to participate in two activities as part of the program:
1. Brief daily check-ins with other R+P Fellows attending the conference.
2. Production of a post-conference audio/video statement (e.g. blog post, video interview, etc) reflecting on insights gained through the boundary-crossing experience. These reflection statements may be shared via the Research + Practice Collaboratory website.
Notifications of acceptance will be made by February 29, 2016.
You can send questions to [email protected]
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Evidence for Action: Innovative Research to Advance Racial Equity
- Grant for programs that provide student scholarships – Oct 6
- Energize the Environment – Oct 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.