Research Associate, Center for Asian Health
Posted by Temple University on July 13, 2015
Job Title: Research Associate, Center for Asian Health, Temple University
The Center for Asian Health (http://www.temple.edu/cah), Temple University, has an opening position for a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Associate. Give yourself the opportunity to work with academic researchers and have on-the-job training in research methods applied to addressing health disparities for Asian Americans and other.
Under the supervision of the study PI and other senior research team staff members, the primary responsibilities of this position will be but not limited to:
1. Research activity support
(1) Conducts literature searching and review,
(2) Participates in research manuscript development and conference presentation power point development,
(3) Works with researchers and senior statisticians to conducts statistical analysis for research data, assists with creating tables and charts for presentations and publications, and providing interpretations for result tables and charts, conference posters
(4) Participates in health intervention curriculum development.
2. Data management support
(5) Plans, implements and conducts quality assurance for the data management of large and small community based studies. Duties include reviewing raw research data and managing data databases in various formats including Microsoft Access, Excel, SPSS, and other statistical software (e.g. SAS, SPSS text analysis);
(6) With supervision, monitors and manages research data entry processes, documentation of data, data cleaning, exporting dataset and generating reports.
(7) Assists with research project data collection update and tracking
(8) Assists with database program development
(1) Strong statistical analysis skills: Knowledge of and experience with applications of statistical methods for analysis of social behavior research data and ability to learn and apply unfamiliar methodologies.
(2) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
(3) Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, pay attention to detail, strong time management skills.
(4) Master degree in statistics or related field required.
(5) Two to three years of experience, preferably in a health related research environment is desired.
(6) Interest in and cultural knowledge of Asian American populations.
Send cover letter and resume by email to
Jianwei Li (email@example.com)
Center for Asian Health
Department of Public Health, Temple University
- Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps Is Accepting Applications
- Director, Sisters of Saint Joseph Welcome Center – Feb 20
- Better Bike Share Educator, Part-Time Position Seasonal (March – October), Bicycle Coalition – Feb 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.