Research Analyst I, Temple University
Posted by Temple University on July 10, 2017
This Research Analyst I position in the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (IRA) is part of the Assessment and Evaluation team. Under general direction, this position provides research support and data analysis used to inform planning and decision making, assessment of student learning and aspects of institutional effectiveness. The incumbent is required to design and execute appropriate research methodologies and data collection processes for a variety of issues important to the university, including but not limited to, university-wide course and teaching evaluations and placement assessment for incoming students. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, educational research or related field. At least one year of directly related full-time work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proven ability to develop appropriate research methodologies for the research question/data inquiry at hand.
* Strong quantitative data analysis skills.
* Strong data management skills including the ability to manage large data sets.
* Demonstrated ability to work with relational databases, SPSS (or SAS) and web application programs.
* Advanced proficiency in Excel.
* Knowledge of intermediate/advanced statistics, and strong analytical skill set.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Proven ability to effectively organize and present data in both graphic and tabular presentations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to write effectively without the need of an external editor.
* Strong customer service skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, in a fast paced environment.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other applications software.
* Master’s degree in social sciences, statistics, educational research, or related field.
* Experience working in an Institutional Research office.
* Experience working with Banner (or other student information / ERP systems).
* Experience with Structured Query Language and/or Cognos
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at http://www.temple.edu/.
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.