Research Analyst I, Data Analysis and Reporting
Posted by Temple University on July 18, 2016
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment announces a search for a Research Analyst I in the Data Analysis and Reporting team. This position will provide research and independent data analysis in support of the university’s strategic planning and decision-making activities.
The incumbent’s responsibilities, under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Data Analysis and Reporting, will include the development and support of quantitative and qualitative research projects, and the collection, compilation, validation and analysis of both student and university wide data in preparation for the reporting of official university information to both internal and external audiences.
The Research Data Analyst I will work on a team of Research Analysts responsible for reporting and analyzing institutional data as well as maintaining longitudinal databases and information. This team monitors national research, trends, and developments in higher education in order to anticipate potential effects on or opportunities for the university. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, educational research or related field. At least one years of directly related experience in Institutional Research or in educational research. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong data management skills including the ability to manage large data sets.
* Working knowledge of relational databases and their associated data query tools – SQL or Access preferred.
* Strong statistical and analytical skill set.
* Ability to clearly document analytical findings and finalize results.
* Must possess excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills, as well as an attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently, as well as on a team, in a fast paced environment.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
* Proficiency in the operation and use of report writing technologies.
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.