Request for Proposals for the Neighborhood Economic Development Grant
Posted by on March 05, 2013
The Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Neighborhood Economic Development (NED) Grant is now posted on-line.
This Request for Proposal is to identify Philadelphia neighborhood-based organizations in need of gap financing for construction of commercial and the commercial portions of mixed-use development. This program is operated by the Office of Neighborhood Economic Development (ONED) of the Commerce Department. ONED seeks to identify and invest in opportunities that contribute to revitalizing neighborhood commercial areas, enhance community-based development projects, and expand the City’s employment base. Site control is critical. Evidence must be provided, either through proof-of-ownership (a deed), or an executed agreement of sale or option, or a lease-hold agreement of at least 15 years.
Pre-Proposal Briefing will be held on Tuesday, March 26, 2013, from 10:30 AM to 12:00 NOON at:
One Parkway Building
1515 Arch Street, 18th Floor, Room 18-022
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM Philadelphia, PA, local time, on May 22, 2013.
To download the RFP:
1. Go to http://www.phila.gov/contracts/ (This site requires Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater running on Microsoft Windows to ensurer full functionality)
2. Click “eContract Philly”
3. Click “New Contract Opportunities”
4. Search Departments: “Commerce”
5. Click on Opportunity “21130214193553” for the Neighborhood Economic Development (NED) Grant.
This program is funded with federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds and is subject to CDBG requirements. Questions may be asked at the briefing and/or submitted via email in advance of the briefing. Please refer to the RFP for details on how to submit questions and for information on eligibility and due dates.
Feel free to forward this opportunity to other interested parties.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Policies to Build and Sustain Economic Security and Wealth for Families and Communities of Color – Sep 7
- Birth Justice Rapid Response Fund – Aug 14
- 2022 National Voter Registration Day Event Grant – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.