Report: Getting Americans Back to Work in the Pandemic
Posted by Burning Glass on June 2, 2020
With more than 30 million unemployed because of the coronavirus pandemic, US workforce agencies are facing a desperate need for jobs that can serve as “lifeboats” for those out of work until the economy recovers. Burning Glass Technologies has identified jobs that workforce agencies can focus on for near-term employment. Based on the Burning Glass Technologies database of more than a billion job postings and resumes worldwide, we think there are two key points that can guide workforce policy:
- Even in the depths of the pandemic’s economic shock, there are jobs that can serve as “lifeboats” for at least some of those who have lost work and that require little or no retraining; and,
- There are pathways from these lifeboat jobs and from jobs lost in the pandemic into roles with decent pay and a solid future.
More in "New Resources"
- Webinar Recording: Digital Equity and the Opportunities for Higher Education
- (Green) Actions Speak Louder than Words
- New Article: A Moment of Promise for the Community Schools Movement
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.