Reinventing Our Communities Cohort Program
Posted by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia on April 13, 2021
The ROC Cohort Program is in-depth racial equity capacity building program for cross-sector community cohorts to connect, explore, and apply local solutions for small business programs. Selected communities will participate as cohorts to frame, contextualize, and organize around small business equity in their community.
Participation is a 10-month engagement, from June 2021 to March 2022, in four core areas: (1) racial equity training, (2) community and economic development training, (3) technical assistance, and (4) development of a racial equity plan.
The 2021 Program will focus on centering racial equity in small business support to build strong regional economies. Trainings will include:
- Racial equity in COVID-19 pandemic recovery
- Financing and access to quality credit for small business owners of color
- Building strong, equitable commercial corridors and regional economies
- Small business ownership as household and community wealth building
- Supporting transitions from sole proprietorships to community employers
Cohorts will meet biweekly for the first five months of the program and then meet on as an-needed basis to participate in technical assistance and develop their racial equity plan for the second half of the program.
Cohort applications are due May 1, 2021, and applicants will be notified by May 10, 2021. For any questions about the cohort application process, please contact Ali Shott at email@example.com or 215-574-3970.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Apply to College Together – Philadelphia’s New College Experience!
- NEW ESL Classes at District 1199C – Jul 2021
- What’s Your Tree Story Photo Challenge – May 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.