Register 8 Million New, Young Voters, Youth Service America (YSA)
Posted by Youth Service America on June 14, 2022
Youth Service America’s ServiceVote campaign asks young people to help register, educate, and get their peers out to vote; to connect their volunteering and service to voting and advocacy on the issues they care about; and to call on public officials to create spaces at every decision-making table for young voices.
4 million people turn 18 each year and become eligible to vote. That’s around 8 million new young voters since the 2020 election who need to be registered to vote in the 2022 midterm election this November!
- Register to vote or check your registration status.
- K-12 Schools: Make your school a civic engagement and voter registration hub with My School Votes, Rock the Vote, League of Women Voters, Learning for Justice, 18by.Vote, Inspire2Vote, and The Civics Center also have voter registration resources for high schools.
- Higher Ed Institutions: Connect with Students Learn Students Vote, the All In Campus Democracy Challenge, CampusVote Project, Ask Every Student, NSLVE, or Civic Influencers.
Recruit Student Poll Workers
Be an Election Worker! Election workers are essential to ensuring that elections are a success. With each election, millions of Americans dedicate themselves to sustaining the backbone of democracy – our election process. EAC encourages those interested in becoming election workers at the polls on election day to learn more about what is required and how to sign up to work with your local election officials.
America is facing a record shortage of poll workers. You can help make sure we have a safe, fair, efficient election for all voters, and potentially get paid to do it. Help democracy in your community. Sign up to Power the Polls.
Learn about YSA’s ServiceVote campaign.
More in "New Resources"
- PhillyGoes2College Resources
- New Issue: Metropolitan Universities Journal
- Step Up to College Guide, 34th Edition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.