Regional Vice President for Development, Back on My Feet
Posted by Back On My Feet on February 19, 2019
The Regional Vice President,Development will report to the Vice President, Development who oversees development strategy for the organization. The RVP should be located in an existing BoMF chapter city, with preference given to high growth markets (NYC and LA) and proximity to BoMF Headquarters.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and management of development activities and development staff in three to four chapter cities (specific cities TBD)
- Ensuring chapters meet and exceed annual revenue goals
- Ensuring development staff reports have the skills and resources needed to meet goals and grow revenue, in line with organizational development plan
- Ensuring development staff adhere to relevant national policies and procedures
- Growing revenue outcomes through management of their own portfolio of individual, foundation and corporate donors and prospects (generally, $20K-$50K relationships)
- Managing local development functions and budgets in the event of staff turnover and managing, with national oversight, the hiring and onboarding of new development staff
- Guiding development strategy for local markets in collaboration with VP Development and serving as an advocate, leader and innovator on the Back on My Feet development team organization-wide
- Serving as a subject matter expert across the organization in a key Development area and building organization-wide resources and strategies in this area. Area of expertise may be: Foundation, Corporate or Major Gifts Fundraising, Salesforce/Systems Utilization
- Working collaboratively with the broader Back on My Feet team who manage centralized functions, which include financial management, human resources, development strategy, annual giving campaigns, select event logistics and fundRacing programs
- Utilizing centrally-built marketing collateral and campaigns to achieve fundraising success in their region
- Tracking development activities in Salesforce and utilizing Salesforce to achieve fundraising success
- Providing status reporting on fundraising goals to the VP of Development
- As appropriate, leading fundraising efforts in new markets within their region, including identifying donors and partners, hiring development staff. The RDD will work closely with the new launch team in these efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with 10+ years of progressive successful management experience in fundraising, donor cultivation, sales, marketing or business development
- Proven experience and success in driving revenue outcomes required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent public presentation skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required
- CRM database experience preferred
- Individuals with a blend of corporate and nonprofit experience welcomed with some experience in corporate fundraising or foundation experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis, quickly assess needs in the market and adjust existing plans accordingly, manage quick turnaround times and needs
Read full job description and apply here:
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.