Regional Organizing Director, NextGen America
Posted by NextGen America on June 25, 2018
NextGen America is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program in Pennsylvania, working to engage young people in local and national fights to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for all Americans. This role will be focused on organizing in one of several regions in Pennsylvania as part of this ambitious effort.
In Pennsylvania, this effort will focus on organizing young people in targeted cities, regions, and campuses to be more politically active. Our work will engage young voters in the state legislative process, in actions to hold federal and local office-holders accountable, in voter registration efforts, and build towards a massive 2018 electoral program. Our 2018 electoral program will include traditional electoral organizing tactics such as door knocking, phone banking, peer-to-peer text banking, and more. In addition, the regional campus organizing director will manage fellows and volunteers on campus.
This role reports to the Campus Organizing Director of Pennsylvania.
- Recruit and train student fellows and volunteers on campuses who will organize their campus networks around progressive issues and in electoral campaigns
- Manage fellows on campuses across their region with potential to manage field organizers as the program grows
- Use digital organizing tactics to build online to offline organizing
- Promote and execute programs worthy of press and media
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local community and student groups in order to hit goals
- Execute campaign plans and effective organizing tactics including traditional grassroots voter contact coupled with creative earned media actions, as well as event planning and turnout
- Meet all data and field reporting deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1 year/1 election cycle of field organizing and managing volunteers and fellows
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder
- Experience with both issue and electoral organizing
- Experience organizing in communities of color
Bonus points for:
- Previous student, youth, or campus organizing experience
- Experience with EveryAction
- Prior training in anti-oppression, equity and inclusion organizing
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.