Regional Manager (PA), buildOn
Posted by buildOn on May 19, 2014
Regional Manager (PA), buildOn
Posted on: April 29, 2014
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through education and service. The mission of buildOn is to enhance education and empower youth in the U.S. to make a positive difference in their communities while helping people of developing countries increase their self-reliance through education. buildOn runs after school programming for 3975 high school students across the US and has built over 611 primary schools worldwide in the last 20 years.
Overview of the Role
The Regional Manager will oversee US Programming for all of Philadelphia. Within this role, the qualified candidate will manage and support a team of youth development professionals to run the buildOn program in all partner high schools. As staff are based full time in their partner schools, the Regional Manager is responsible for remote support, extensive regional travel for coaching and observation and for gaining a deep understanding of the environments and communities in which we work. In addition, the Regional Manager will directly run one of our service & education programs in 1 partner school (1-2 days per week). The Regional Manager is in charge of overseeing all operations of US Programs for their region which includes, but is not limited to: financial oversight, maintaining relationships with school systems, building new service and community partnerships, coordinating office logistics & working closely with all departments in buildOn to ensure the success of the organization.
- Oversee the program activities for all regional programs, including the core activities: service, sponsorship, global education and leadership development for youth.
- Supervise 4 Full Time Program staff in their efforts to recruit, motivate and retain buildOn members to reach buildOn program goals.
- Supervise all regional program events: weekend and on-going service projects, Regional Service Projects, Program Summits, and Year End Celebration.
- Work directly with PA buildOn students in buildOn programs. Specifically, run a buildOn Service and Education program weekly at 1 partner school.
- Monitor and submit weekly Key Performance Indicator data through Salesforce
- Manage and track regional program budget.
- Explore additional buildOn partner schools for future expansion efforts as outlined in the strategic plan
- Manage annual Impact Evaluation for full region
- Recruitment, Hiring, Onboarding, Support and Coaching of all Program staff
- Develop and implement professional development for program team.
- Work closely with other Regional Program Managers to assess, grow and improve U.S. programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.