Recruitment Specialist, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
Posted by Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania on April 17, 2017
The Recruitment Specialist works in communities to promote the benefits of Girl Scouting with the ultimate goal of registering girls and adult volunteers. This is a sales oriented role, with a dynamic product that has a life-changing impact on girls and young women. A successful Recruitment Specialist meets quarterly membership goals by generating interest in Girl Scouts for both girls and adult volunteers, and helping get them placed in the pipeline as leads to be placed in a troop.
To meet these goals, the Recruitment Specialist develops and implements recruitment strategies designed to raise awareness and generate interest in Girl Scouts, resulting in measurable membership leads. The Recruitment Specialist is the primary Girl Scouts recruiter for a defined geographic territory and is responsible for attracting girls and adult volunteers, working cooperatively with Service Units, identifying potential troop meeting locations, and developing funded troop opportunities within the territory. This position requires extensive day-travel and regular nights and weekends in order to meet, present, and network with community organizations, schools, corporations, educators, faith-based institutions, and other community constituents.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
Lead Generation and Membership Conversion
- Contact and cultivate relationships with potential leads
- Generate qualified leads that can be tracked in data systems.
- Identify and concentrate on population/potential for targeted recruitment
- Recruit volunteers to fulfill needs outlined in troop capacity report
- Recruit troop leaders and volunteers in high-need areas
- Research and identify potential leads
- Generate leads at potential outreach sites
- Coordinate with SU lead generation efforts
- Contribute to overall team/council membership goals based on geographic area.
Outreach/Funded Troop Support
- Build relationships and identify funded troop location opportunities
- Recruit funded troops and submit program confirmation forms
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.