Recruitment Coordinator at Enriched Schools
Posted by Enriched Schools on October 29, 2019
Title: Recruitment Coordinator https://boards.greenhouse.io/enrichedschools/jobs/4294689002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Organization: Enriched Schools
Position type: Full-time, with benefits
Philadelphia Regional Manager, Enriched Schools
Hotline: 215.234.1653 | Direct: 267.473.6551
Enriched Schools is a national movement committed to re-imagining how communities and schools come together in order to maximize student success.
Company Mission and Background
Enriched connects great people to great schools. We are on a mission to eliminate the loss of student learning due to teacher absence, and we do so by tapping into the power of community. We believe that the “sub” day is an opportunity to ignite passions in kids and push learning forward, not leave students (or teachers) 2 steps behind. Founded by a former teacher and TFA alumna in New Orleans, Enriched has grown to become a trusted partner for charter schools across 10 cities seeking to provide systems of excellence, support and sustainability for their staff.
- Customer Service: our partners are everything; we’re obsessive about serving them with world class urgency, care + integrity. We drop everything to ensure they have “WOW”-level experiences every time.
- Community: we believe it takes a village, know we are nothing without our GEs and are relentless about finding and keeping the best in order to honor their time and talents.
- Creativity: every hour of the school day should be full of spark and passion, and we practice innovation and flexibility in all the ways we operate to deliver upon our promise that every day counts for all kids.
- Students First: we exist to help kids.
- Ownership: we do 1 thing great but all things good. we step up. own it.
- Grind: we work hard. we outperform. never quit.
- Innovate: we bias to action. we iterate with urgency. exercise the right to try.
- Results: we deliver. we find a way. actions speak louder than words.
- Humility: we serve from the heart. we stay hungry. sans ego with compassion.
- Excellence: we are rigorous. we think it thru. great isn’t good enough.
- Growth: we think big. we play offense. never stop improving.
- Positivity: we exude optimistic, motivating energy. we make the weather. choose joy.
- Hospitality: we smile. we assume the best. people remember how you make them feel.
Enriched is seeking a highly effective talent coordinator to identify, screen and select the highest quality educators in Philadelphia.
This work will focus on:
- Recruitment: create city-wide strategy, successfully manage and execute all efforts, in person and online, to recruit the highest caliber, mission aligned candidates to join the Enriched Philadelphia community as part time or flexible guest educators or highly qualified full-time teacher candidates
- Screening and Selection: conduct and lead educator vetting across Philadelphia, including but not limited to application review, phone screening, demo lesson, onboarding and ongoing observation
- Community Building: create city-wide strategy, successfully manage and execute efforts for guest educator support, appreciation and community building
- Extraordinary Interpersonal Skills: You’re an excellent and nuanced communicator. You build relationships quickly while gathering key information. You can mobilize people to join a cause.
- Relentless Problem Solver: You have not seen a challenge you could not solve or a wall you could not get through/around/over. You get things done. Excellently, efficiently and with minimal oversight.
- Passionate Educator: You believe educational inequity is the civil rights issue of our time. You love all children and believe they deserve the best opportunities for life and learning. You know what a good school and good teaching looks like, and you want to be a part of making the system better.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to build upon a strong foundation of impact and serve as a visible and influential leader at rapidly growing movement that is transforming the way substitute teaching is delivered and perceived across the country. Therefore, first and foremost, this individual must be committed to the mission of Enriched Schools and eager to play an active, hands-on role in doing whatever it takes to grow and improve our model to effectively serve students and schools across Philadelphia.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of teaching/education experience
- Strong local network in education community across Philadelphia
- Demonstrated success launching and leading new initiatives, whether within existing organizations or creating new programs/ventures
- Demonstrated success recruiting and screening for top talent and managing communities that are united and compelled towards a shared vision
- Deep familiarity with and commitment to the local education community and robust network of relationships across diverse range of stakeholders in the region
- Relentlessly hard-worker
What Enriched offers:
- A chance to revolutionize a broken system that has significant impact on schools, teachers and kids nationwide
- An independent, highly-visible leadership role in a nationally recognized education organization
- An important problem to solve, a fun and close-knit team, and major opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- A highly autonomous, flexible and creative work environment with the opportunity to design and build the future and culture of the region
- Great health, vision and dental benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with bonus performance incentives
- Communication: reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and working in collaboration with Regional Managers and Recruiters across the country
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Enriched Schools seeks individuals of all ethnic, socio-economic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Enriched is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This job description Enriched’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Here’s a little bit more about Enriched as well –> We’re a community committed to revolutionizing the way school support is done. Our values in action include:
- Getting Communities back into schools: We are on a mission to introduce the community back into their schools. We seek, develop, and empower people from the communities we serve to get into the classrooms and change students’ lives.
- No instructional time lost: We understand the importance of each and every second in a school day. Our organization seeks to make sure there is no loss of rigorous instructional time when teachers are absent for the short term or long term.
- Having a local team driving change: Our team is present with boots on the ground in classrooms with guest educators and working in collaboration with school teams.
- Intentionally matching guest educators to schools: We have a community care team that works around the clock to thoughtfully match guest educators to school campuses who will be a good fit.
- Providing a supportive community: We don’t want any guest educators to feel like an island; instead they tap into a growing network where they receive quarterly professional development workshops and can receive real-time coaching, observations, and feedback to promote their growth and development as professionals.
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
- Project Manager, Connect the Dots – Feb 6
- Program Manager, SAADA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.