Recruiting Black, Latino, 1st Gen & Low Income Students: TeenSHARP Striver Program
Posted by TeenSHARP on May 17, 2022
TeenSHARP is looking to recruit talented Black, Latino, First Generation and Low Income students (must fit one of those criteria) entering grades 9-11 for our Striver Program.
TeenSHARP is a college access and youth leadership non-profit serving DE, PA, and NJ that has prepared students to access colleges that meet full financial need since 2009.
Here’s how you can help your students connect with TeenSHARP:
- Share this link to the online application broadly with your students and parents. You can use the attached social media shareable as well. Here are some recruitment tools (TeenSHARP Recruitment Toolbox) including sample posts you can use. For the photos- feel free to post the photo on social media or other outlets with the caption “Apply now (rising 9-11th graders)! TeenSHARP prepares talented high school students of color and low-income students for top colleges and selective opportunities. Apply here!”
- Send a version of this email or mail a version of this letter (TeenSHARP Letter to Students & Parents) to students/families in your district who would be a great fit for TeenSHARP.
- Invite teachers or counselors to nominate a student using this link Student Nomination Form. When you nominate a student, we will personally encourage them to apply or look out for their application.
More info: Students in the TeenSHARP program will attend weekly virtual Saturday leadership and college prep sessions as well as leadership workshops. Students will receive academic advising and guidance from TeenSHARP academic advisors, a team of highly accomplished college experts. Students will also participate in weekly academic & college coaching, college tours, meetings with admissions officers, network with young professionals and participate in person socials with other TeenSHARP students. You can learn more about our successes at www.teensharp.org.
Thank you in advance and please reach out with any questions you may have. We are also happy to present to a select group of students from your school if time permits. Please contact Anthony Phillips at 215-779-2537 if you have any questions.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Nominate a Student to Enter the The I Am Philly Contest – Apr 14
- Teaching in Higher Education Certificate for Teachers and Professionals
- Webinar: Re-Envisioning Publicly Engaged Scholarship in Promotion and Tenure – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.