Recording and Slide Decks: K-16 Partnerships June Institute: Education as Community-Building
Posted by PHENND on June 29, 2021
On June 3, 2021, PHENND hosted our annual K-16 Partnerships June Institute, reimagined for a virtual environment.
This year’s theme was focused on our interpretation of what we need most, as we emerge from months of pandemic-induced virtual learning, a time during which educational inequalities were simultaneously exacerbated and laid bare.
Listen to the recording which covers the following portions of the event:
- Plenary panel of current school principals featuring Ted Domers of Carver High School, Aliya Catanch-Bradley of Bethune School, and AP Mary Gorman of Elkin School moderated by Dr. Brian Peterson, Director of Makuu Black Cultural Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Presentation of Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships
- Presentation of results from the School District of Philadelphia‘s recent survey of families and community partners on spending priorities for American Rescue Plan funding by Uri Monson, Chief Financial Officer
Breakout sessions were offered on two topics. Breakouts were not recorded, but presenter slide decks are available.
- Expanded and enriched learning time and opportunities – anchored by Penn’s Netter Center for Community Partnerships
- Collaborative leadership and practices – anchored by St. Josephs’ University & Gompers School
This event was made possible by support from the Lindy Legacy Donor Advised Fund.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Youth Symposium – Sep 10
- Next Steps AmeriCorps Team Leader for CCP & Temple – immediate start
- Pt-time Coordinator, PHENND Sustainability
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.