Rebel Ventures Market Planner
Posted by Rebel Ventures on August 27, 2019
Rebel Ventures is a youth-powered nonprofit food business creating healthy deliciousness with kids in our community. Our objectives are to increase access to nutritious, tasty food for kids and to engage high school students in meaningful entrepreneurial job experiences. Our crew is comprised of high school students and staff who work together to run our organization.
We are currently working on a huge project to open our own corner store/market that will be named the Rebel Market. The Market will have loads of healthy and super delicious food options for the kids and adults in Philadelphia to purchase. For some time, our crew has been doing many things such as applying for grants, menu design, and so much more. As for grants, we received funding to hire one full time Market Planning Mentor and three part time high school student Planners to join our crew to plan our market in order to make our vision a reality.
As a mentor, you would work 40hrs every week at a salary of $45,000 working with the entire crew on big projects that include recipe creation, marketing, finding a final location, and budgeting. We plan on opening the Rebel Market in Spring of 2020. An ideal candidate for this job would be equipped to handle the responsibilities listed below, meet the majority of the listed qualifications, and would – though not required – have some or all of the Bonus skills listed below. This position is funded for one year, and continuation is contingent on funding.
Responsibilities – Along with the entire Rebel Market Team, you will work to:
1. Collaborate with high school planners to fully develop a business plan for the Rebel Market.
2. Scout potential sites for the Market and work with team to select a final location.
3. Design and oversee renovations for the Market.
4. Finalize Market menu and sourcing plan.
5. Establish Rebel-created currency program (Rebel Bucks) and identify distribution partners.
6. Purchase and install equipment.
7. Obtain necessary licenses and permits.
1. Ability to develop and implement new concepts – especially new stores/properties
2. Passion for working with kids
3. Experience working with program or organization budgets.
4. History of timeliness
5. Great communicating with young people and adults
6. 1 year experience in a commercial food operations
1. Professional culinary experience
2. Marketing experience
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants are invited to include a statement about how the applicant’s unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of Rebel Ventures’ crew.
- National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship
- Adult Education Associate, AFAHO – Feb 28
- Executive Director, Joseph’s House of Camden
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.