Realty Specialist, U.S. General Services Administration
Posted by U.S. General Services Administration on December 21, 2015
U.S. GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION (GSA)
Position Location: Philadelphia, PA
$ 41,797 (GS-07) /$ 51,126 (GS-09)
*Promotion potential to the GS-12 level ($74,142+)
Project Territory: NJ, PA, WV, DE, MD
This opportunity is in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Public Buildings Service of the U.S. General Services Administration. As landlord for the federal civilian government, PBS provides workspace solutions to more than one million federal workers in 2,100 American communities, stimulating local economies by designing, building, managing and maintaining iconic public buildings as well as leasing from the private sector. PBS is a leader in sustainable design and a proving ground of innovative green technologies. Approximately half of one million federal workers are housed in buildings owned by the federal government and half are located in separate leased properties, including buildings, land, antenna sites, etc. across the country. By working closely with federal agencies to find affordable, suitable office space, they are better able to achieve their mission and serve the American people.
The Realty position involves federal procurement of commercial space in diverse locations when leasing is the best solution for meeting space needs. If selected for the position you will:
· Serve as a realty specialist in a developmental position designed to progressively train employee in federal real estate principles and techniques required at the next level of performance.
· Perform a variety of work in many areas related to the acquisition of federal real estate including Energy Star, environmental assessment, urban development, life safety, historic preservation and financial analysis.
· Utilize project management principles in the provision of leased space to federal customer agencies.
· Work closely with various federal agencies to develop space requirements and to ensure space is built out accordingly to meet the agencies’ needs.
· Research available properties in the market and conduct building surveys and space inspections in a geographically diverse area.
· Evaluate offers to ensure rental rates are fair and reasonable when entering negotiations with the private sector.
· Oversee design and construction of tenant space.
If interested please send resume, transcripts, and Description of Service letter from the Peace Corps/AmeriCorps to: email@example.com
What GSA has to offer YOU!
Unbeatable benefits and high satisfaction: GSA employees have affirmed that we are one of the most desired workplaces in the federal government. GSA consistently ranks among the best places to work in the federal government, according to the Partnership for Public Service. Benefits include:
• Flexible work schedules and telework
• Holidays – 10 paid holidays
• Sick leave – 13 days earned annually
• Annual leave/vacation – up to 26 days each year
• 401(k)-style Thrift Savings Plan (GSA matches up to 5%)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wealth of training opportunities
• Public transit subsidy – up to $1,500/year
· GS-07 Level: To qualify at the GS-07 level, candidates must possess at least one of the following: 1) a bachelor’s degree that was supplemented with Superior Academic Achievement; 2) one full year of graduate level study in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of a Realty Specialist; 3) one year of experience performing routine commercial realty work assignments or projects, such as communicating with a variety of individuals to analyze and resolve realty problems; applying basic commercial real estate contract law; or assisting others with preparation of commercial realty documents or contractual agreements.
· GS-09 Level: To qualify at the GS-09 level, candidates must possess at least one of the following: 1) a master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related to the work of the Realty position; 2) one year of experience performing routine commercial realty work assignments and projects that included communicating with a variety of individuals to analyze and solve realty problems; applying basic commercial real estate contract law; and assisting others with preparation of commercial realty documents and contractual agreements.
If interested please send resume, transcripts, and Description of Service letter from the Peace Corps to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.