Real-World Learning Project Manager, Phila. Learning Collaborative
Posted by Philadelphia Learning Collaborative on February 1, 2022
The Philadelphia Learning Collaborative (PLC) is a grassroots organization that launched in 2017 to address the common challenges that progressive schools in Philadelphia face. Our growing network of – K-12 schools (public, independent, and charter), schools of education at five of Philadelphia’s leading universities, The School District of Philadelphia, and several regional educational nonprofits – works together to build systems and structures that support existing and new schools with progressive education models in Philadelphia.
PLC has three work priorities:
- Educator and Partner Development | Goal: Strengthen and widen the pipeline of teachers and leaders trained and prepared to work in PLC schools implementing Deeper Learning.
- Real-World Connections | Goal: Consolidate, create, and share the resources PLC schools need to build strong partnerships with outside organizations.
- Movement Building | Goal: Expand membership, improve member engagement, and share learning within the Collaborative and beyond.
The Real-World Learning Project Manager’s role falls under PLC’s Real-World Connections activities and is the result of PLC securing funding for The Workport @ PLC, a sustainable system that will support real-world learning across a network of progressive high schools in Philadelphia.
The Real-World Learning Project Manager (RWL-PM) is a new position and The Workport @ PLC is being built from the ground up. The RWL-PM will be responsible for all tasks related to the piloting, implementation, and management of the Workport @ PLC. The successful candidate must establish, implement, and refine the workflow for this position.
Position Duration: 6-months | Grant-funded position that will be converted to a Full-Time Position with benefits once funding is secured.
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.