Real Talk and Listening workshops: Building Conflict Competence
Posted by Progressive Conflict Solutions on February 26, 2018
Progressive Conflict Solutions is offering two full-day workshops from the Building Conflict Competence series this spring with one big change: both workshops will be offered on a pay-what-you-can basis. Previous workshops have been (affordably) priced at $60 each or two for $100, but now you can decide what payment works for you. Past attendees will tell you that the lessons in each workshop are invaluable in all parts of their lives.
REAL TALK WITHOUT BURNING BRIDGES, Saturday, March 10, 9:30-4
It’s a tough time for real talk. Our political climate is divisive and often uncivil and it’s bleeding into all parts of our lives. So, how to do you engage in civil dialogue and real talk when you are not in agreement? You can learn how and apply it at work, home, social settings, or any where else and do it without burning bridges.
LISTENING: A SKILL-BUILDING WORKSHOP, Saturday, April 28, 9:30-4
Think you’re good at listening? Think again! Here’s some stats that will surprise you!
* Number of business studies that indicate that listening is a top skill needed for success in business: 35
* Numerical order among the reasons that marriages fail that not really listening is: 1
* Percentage of Americans who have had any formal education in listening: 2%
Maybe it’s time for you to get a formal education on listening.
Both workshops employ a combination of lecture, exercises, experiential activities, and take-away practices and are part of the Building Conflict Competence Series. The schedule includes a lunch break. Participants provide their own lunch. There are many dining options in easy walking distance. Registration required.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Sense in the City, An Urban Conversation: Equity, Public Schools and Democracy – Feb 9
- Out-of-School Time Providers, Virtual Retreat – Feb 2&9
- Jefferson Humanities Forum: Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.