Reading Captain rally and Read by 4th Mayoral Summit – Mar 4
Posted by Read by 4th on February 12, 2019
To help children become better readers, Read by 4th launched Reading Captains.
The idea is simple: we know that families turn to their friends and neighbors when looking for information and resources. We are asking Philadelphians to become the go-to early literacy person for their community.
Join us for our Reading Captain rally at the Read by 4th Mayoral Summit on March 5th in the evening. At this cocktail reception and dinner you will hear Mayor Kenney address the important role Reading Captains have in the success of the Read by 4th campaign. Get your Reading Captains gear, which includes a short training on the new Reading Captain app, and Reading Captain swag.
What’s a Reading Captain?
Reading Captains are individuals, over the age of 18, who:
- Understand the importance of reading and are passionate about doing more for families
- Are already connected to families in their neighborhood and around Philly
- Are able to work collaboratively with Read by 4th staff and community partners
- Are Committed to helping your neighbors raise strong readers
Your Role as a Reading Captain
- Attend the 2019 Mayoral Summit to learn about the literacy resources available to families throughout the city.
- Get out there and share what you learned with parents and caregivers in your neighborhood, workplace, grocery store, or even your barber shop.
- Get connected with your regional Reading Captains group to brainstorm ways to better connect families with resources, problem solve and make new friends
Register below to attend the 2019 Mayoral Summit!
SIGN UP TODAY
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PSSE Virtual Meeting: STEM in PA Landscape Report – Feb 9
- Virtual Event: Pandemic Impacts Within Higher Education and the Fields of Community/Civic Engagement – Feb 13,15
- WSFS Homebuyer Workshop: Your Next Step to Homeownership – Feb 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.