Quality Improvement Manager, United Way of Southeastern PA
Posted by on July 25, 2011
CYD QUALITY IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
The United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s mission is to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that improve the lives of people in our region. We have an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional to join the Center of Youth Development as CYD Quality Improvement Manager in our Community Impact Department. The ideal candidate oversees United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s funding, community leadership, and quality improvement services designed to strengthen networks of programs and supports for older youth.
The CYD Quality Improvement Manager will be responsible for: managing contracted quality improvement services for the unit; establishing and maintaining partner relationships; and ensuring effective processes and accessible resource materials to increase the impact and efficiency of CYD’s efforts to help public and private providers improve the quality of their youth programs.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred. Prior experience providing or coordinating training and/or technical assistance/coaching; he/she has experience with group facilitation, workshop design or curriculum development and prior experience working with older youth.
Quality Improvement Assessment and Intensive Technical Assistance
• Coordinate the identification, scheduling, contracting, and oversight of consultants providing assessment and intensive technical assistance as part of CYD’s integrated outcomes-driven quality improvement system. Ensure accurate and timely data tracking and reporting by consultants related to that work.
• Maintain strong working relationships with agencies and other partners involved in youth program quality improvement efforts.
• Manage program quality assessment efforts, including contracted assessors, program contacts, overall communication and reporting.
• Develop and adapt appropriate tools and materials for implementing CYD’s quality improvement system.
• Research and produce informational materials regarding youth development standards, resources, and best practices.
• Continually enhance knowledge of best practice information in areas of quality programming, youth engagement, workforce development, family engagement, civic engagement, and others vital to quality improvement.
• Design and facilitate training in various curricula on an as-needed basis.
Strategic Investments and Leadership to Advance UWSEPA’s “Graduation for All” Agenda
• Participate in strategic partnerships, work groups, roundtables, and other committees related to youth program quality and supports to promote youth gradating from high school equipped with skills and knowledge for post secondary education and career success.
• Contribute to the development of new initiatives, projects and targeted investments related to quality improvement and agenda goals.
• Contribute to the writing of Requests for Proposals as needed; analyze funding requests and develop funding recommendations. Maintain relationships and communication with assigned funded or partner agencies.
• Work with other CYD staff to plan and implement training, convening, materials creation and dissemination, and other efforts in support of United Way priorities and funded agencies.
• Generally support the work of the Center for Youth Development, the Children and Youth Division, the Community Impact Department, and the organization as a whole.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of group facilitation and negotiation skills, strong written and verbal communications, as well as excellent project management skills. The ideal candidate has strong strategic planning and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time. He/she is knowledgeable of youth development and organizational best practices. This position requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and desktop publishing software.
For consideration, please respond with a cover letter and resume to United Way of Southeastern PA, 1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103, or e-mail to: HRC@uwsepa.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls. EOE
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Stoneleigh Foundation Emerging Leader Fellowship: Addressing the Trauma and Fear Arising from Gun and Community Violence in Philadelphia’s Asian Communities – Jun 9
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.