Qualitative Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, Research for Action
Posted by Research for Action on October 2, 2017
Qualitative Research Associate or Senior Research Associate
About the Organization:
Research for Action (RFA) is an independent, non-profit educational research organization that seeks to use research as the basis for the improvement of educational opportunities and outcomes for traditionally underserved students. With over two decades of experience, our work is designed to strengthen public schools and postsecondary institutions; provide research-based recommendations to policymakers, practitioners and the public at the local, state and national levels; and enrich the civic and community dialogue about public education.
RFA is seeking a full-time Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with strong content expertise in postsecondary education policy to contribute to policy and evaluation studies in educational settings through research, data analysis, and writing. The researcher will participate in and/or lead a variety of team-based research projects in our growing portfolio of state and institutional-level postsecondary policy research designed to increase access, retention, and graduation of underserved students.
- Master’s degree at minimum; doctoral degree preferred.
- Strong content expertise in postsecondary education policy, with training in a relevant field such as education, sociology, psychology, or public policy.
- Direct experience in the postsecondary policy arena at the state, system or institutional level; or proven track record of interacting with individuals occupying such positions.
- Significant qualitative research experience in a variety of education settings.
- This positions requires travel
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively leads or co-leads research projects, to include work plans, budgets, specific team member roles and responsibilities, and activities.
- Considers and develops/co-develops a variety of research designs that closely align project/client goals and context with research questions, methods, instruments, data collection, analysis, writing, and product development.
- Consistently displays competence in qualitative methodology and strategic thinking.
- Guides and coaches other staff in conducting rigorous and effective data collection and analysis.
- Excels in the oral and written communication of research findings to a variety of audiences.
- Successfully collaborates and uses sound judgment to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Supervises and supports staff in successfully fulfilling their job responsibilities and strengthening their research and professional skills and competencies.
How to Apply:
- Senior Project Manager, Phila. Youth Network
- ReStore Truck Driver, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 29
- Virtual Access Instructor, Let’s Get Ready – Nov 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.