Pt-time Program/Recreation Assistant, Lenfest Center
Posted by Lenfest Center on May 12, 2014
Position: Program/Recreation Assistant
Salary and Benefits: This is a part-time position paying $12/hour
The Lenfest Center is a privately owned and operated community center in the Hunting Park community of North Philadelphia. The center’s mission is to improve the mental, physical and social health of local youth by offering structured, high quality, academic and recreational programs. For more information visit: http://www.lenfestcenter.org
Recreation Coordinator: This is a unique opportunity for a highly qualified individual to assist in the implementation of innovative out-of-school programs for youths ages 6-18. The Recreation Coordinator will support the Program Director and Education Director in coordinating a year-round educational and recreational curriculum, with a focus on leading games, activities, and sports leagues. Candidates must have experience working with youth, must be comfortable interacting with youth of all ages and backgrounds, and must be passionate about creating an environment in which young people can reach their potential.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Provide support to Program and Education Directors in all aspects of their jobs.
• Provide specific support to Program Director in planning and supervising of recreational activities for students in grades K-8 in our after-school program, and help create and run additional recreational activities for youth not enrolled in the after-school program.
• Lead and teach games in a gym setting.
• Assist in recruiting and supervising volunteers.
• Role model positive behavior at all times to the youth and their families in the center.
1. Must be willing to work 15-20 hours a week.
2. Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fluid environment with different projects and challenges arising daily.
3. Must be comfortable working in both collaborative and individual settings.
4. Must pass a criminal background screening and hold a valid driver’s license.
5. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends and holidays.
6. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to:
Kenzo Nakawatase Program Director, the Lenfest Center 3890 N. 10th St. Philadelphia, PA 19140 email@example.com (267) 908-9002
- Assistant Director for Local Service and Community Engagement, Villanova Univ. – Nov 1
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.