Pt-time Program Specialist, Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters SEPA on May 19, 2014
Program Specialist (Community-Based Match Support, Part Time), Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Posted on: April 30, 2014
COME JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT IS HELPING MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters SEPA seeks a part-time (20 hours) Match Support Specialist for our Philadelphia office. The position requires some local travel and evening/weekend work which will be described in the interview process. The position facilitates introductory meetings for “Big” Mentors and “Little” Mentees, and supports Big” and “Little” matches, primarily via phone contact, and occasionally through attendance at agency events.
- Through recurring telephone and electronic contact, determine that elements of child safety, positive relationship and youth development indicators, and signs of a sense of affiliation with the Agency are present within the child/mentor match.
- Ensure that potential problems and barriers to success are identified and addressed. Promptly inform supervisor regarding concerns about any factors that may negatively impact the match.
- Effectively utilize on-line database system for recording and reviewing all child/mentor match details.
- Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
- Facilitate initial in-person meeting between Bigs, Littles and parent/guardians in client’s homes. Review ground rules and expectations in order to lay the foundation for a successful relationship.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
College degree, with 2+ year’s prior experience preferred. All candidates must satisfactorily pass criminal (state & FBI), and child abuse clearances prior to hire or dated within 60 days prior to hire as required by BBBS guidelines for child serving organizations.
Professional: Knowledge of and/or experience in human services field a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car. Preferred skills: Spanish-Speaking, previous experience with youth service organizations and with socio-economically diverse populations.
Personal Attributes: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication customer service and problem-solving skillls; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.