Pt-time Office Manager, Dragonfly Partners
Posted by Dragonfly Partners on August 15, 2016
Dragonfly Partners is hiring!
Office Manager (P/T) | Job Posting
Part-time: 20 hours/week
This is an exciting opportunity to provide critical support for a growing social justice consulting firm working in local, national and global contexts. The Office Manager is responsible for supporting the partners in executing client contracts, including providing administrative support on client engagements, managing partner schedules and travel, managing accounts payable and receivable, responding to all incoming communications and maintaining smooth office operations. The Office Manager works with the various partners and reports to the Managing Director. We are looking for an adaptive and flexible Office Manager who will help us grow our business and can offer a two-year commitment with the possibility of expanding the job to full-time in 2017.
ABOUT DRAGONFLY PARTNERS
Founded in 2011, Dragonfly Partners LLC has 4 full-time and 2 part-time partners who provide local, national and international social justice clients with a variety of services including strategic planning, campaign strategy, executive coaching, conflict management, evaluation and organizational culture change.
Varies week by week. May include:
● Providing scheduling support for all partners
● Coordinating Dragonfly events
● Booking travel for partners
• Communicating directly with clients
● Answering and appropriately routing all incoming communications via phone, email and postal mail
● Troubleshooting with vendors
● Updating the website
• IT troubleshooting
Writing and Research:
● Proofreading and light editing
● Assisting with report-writing
● Web research
● Transcription of hand-written meeting notes
● Managing QuickBooks, including managing accounts payable and receivable
● Working with bookkeeper to reconcile bank statements
● Processing payroll
● Making bank deposits
● Checking the mail
● Monitoring and maintaining equipment and inventory of office supplies to maintain smooth operations in our home-based Mt. Airy office
● Running local errands
● Commitment to social justice and the work of Dragonfly Partners.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
• Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
● Good listening skills.
• Ability to give and receive feedback.
● Ability to type 55 words per minute.
● Ability to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity and professionalism, and to handle sensitive and proprietary financial, organizational and political information.
● Excellent time management, organization and attention to detail.
● Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively.
● Anticipatory and strategic thinker who takes a systematic approach to tasks.
● Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
● Comfortable being in a service role.
● English proficiency.
● A minimum one year’s experience in a professional office environment.
● Mastery in Microsoft Word, Proficiency in Excel.
● Familiarity with QuickBooks.
● Tech savvy.
● Eagerness and ability to learn new skills, problem-solve as needed and initiate where appropriate.
Desired but not necessary:
● Familiarity and experience with social justice, human rights and/or civil rights issues and organizations.
● Familiarity with social media, including Twitter and Facebook.
Pay rate: $22/hour for 20 hours/week, plus $200/month toward health insurance. Two weeks paid vacation to start, with an additional week added in the second year.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to email@example.com, with “Office Manager Search” in the subject line:
● A one-page letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the position
● Your resume or CV
● Names of 2 references with contact information
Please submit your materials on or before August 5th, 2016 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position available starting September 1st, 2016
No phone calls please. All applications will be acknowledged.
Dragonfly is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment at every level without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, age, non job-related disability, or political affiliation.
- Director of Development, Dinah
- Enrollment and Partnerships Manager, Let’s Get Ready
- Communications Manager, National Constitution Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.