Pt-time Lead Teaching Artists, Puentes a las Artes/Bridges to the Arts
Posted by Puentes de Salud on October 2, 2017
The Barnes Foundation and Puentes de Salud are Partners in the launch of Puentes a las Artes/Bridges to the Arts, a pilot project which will support PreK ELL/ESL children, ages 3-4 from South Philadelphia’s Latino immigrant community. The Project objective is to develop early cognitive, linguistic, and visual literacy skills through an art-based curriculum and museum access. This project will include bi-literacy after-school instruction, museum and community-based workshops, and programming to engage families/caregivers as children’s first and most important teachers.
Primary Function: Part-time Lead Teaching Artists will be responsible for the instructional stewardship of bilingual lessons for PreK children ages 3-4, enrolled in the Barnes/Puentes grant-funded initiative, Bridges to the Arts / Puentes a las Artes. This includes training and supervising assistant teaching artists to deliver lessons at Southwark Elementary School, Puentes de Salud, and the Barnes Foundation. This position is part-time hourly, and averages 8-10hrs/wk
• Bachelor’s degree or BFA; MFA; Art Education; Early Childhood Education, or related degree preferred
• 2 years experience teaching PreK-aged children in public setting preferred
• Early iteracy development training
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English)
• Strong written and oral communications
Physical Demand Analysis:
- Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Visual Requirements: Computer use; must be able to use email
- Hearing Requirements: Phone use
- Working Conditions: Position operates in an environment that is generally free of noise, dust, temperature extremes or other hazards; may work in environments without elevators
As a representative of a pilot partnership of The Barnes Foundation and Puentes de Salud, all comments,
attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct effect on the Partnership’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with participants, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, researchers, donors and other employees must be friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, honest, cooperative and professional. This behavior will promote an atmosphere of teamwork congruent to our values, vision and strategic objectives.
Interested candidates: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Coordinator for Online Instruction, Civic Education Project – Summer 2022
- Program Manager (Full-Time), Book Trust – Feb 2
- Real-World Learning Project Manager, Phila. Learning Collaborative
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.