Pt-time GED Instructor, ResCare
Posted by ResCare Workforce Services on August 29, 2016
Title: PT GED Instructor – RWS
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a PT GED Instructor – RWS.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
PT GED Instructor – RWS Responsibilities
• Instructs in GED/ ABE preparation, in addition to providing instruction for career related activities.
• Provides participant with a credential representing mastery of certain basic competencies desirable to employers.
• Provide educational instruction in assigned subject/topic areas to include mathematical, science, and other topics as deemed necessary for young adults ages 16-24.
• Prepare participants for Pre-GED and GED exams.
• Provides classroom instruction to participants in computer literacy, job search techniques, life skills, money management, job retention strategies, pre-vocational/career transition opportunities and one-on-one tutoring.
• Uses classroom instruction and group participation activities to assist program participants in learning basic math, reading, writing skills, vocabulary, grammar; publishing skills including proofreading, editing, graphic layout, etc.
• Tests and documents the attainment of competencies and academic progress.
• Provides case management including attendance and behavior issues and agency referrals.
• Help maintain client files.
• Provides individual counseling related to vocational exploration, goal setting, and problem-solving; addresses behavioral problems.
• Strong communication and organizational skills; strong computer and publishing skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Relate well with youth and young adults.
• Culturally sensitive; enthusiastic with ability to motivate.
• Experience in presenting workshops to hard to-serve individuals (especially youth).
• Experience working with participants with one or more barriers to employment.
• B.A./B.S. or higher in Education, English, Liberal Arts, or a related field; State Teacher’s Certification (Adult Education or Secondary Teaching) preferred.
• Two years of teaching/training experience.
• Teaching license strongly preferred.
THIS IS A DAY TIME POSITION
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
• Competitive pay based on experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
• Suite of voluntary insurance options
• Paid Time Off
• Performance incentives
• Company Discount Purchasing Program
o Cell phone Service
o Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
o Staples discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Legal Assistance Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
- Corporate Partnerships Director, City Year
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.