Pt-time Education and Events Manager, Keep Philadelphia Beautiful
Posted by on April 07, 2014
Education and Events Manager, Keep Philadelphia Beautiful
Posted on: March 26, 2014
Keep Philadelphia Beautiful Seeks Part Time Education and Events Manager
100 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
This 20 hour per week position reports to the Executive Director of Keep Philadelphia Beautiful.
To work with the Executive Director to increase and carry out Keep Philadelphia Beautiful’s environmental education and community cleanup efforts. This would include active outreach to schools, teachers, and community-based organizations.
Job Duties Include Assisting the Executive Director With:
- Planning community cleanup and beautification activities and events with partner organizations
- Increasing and enhancing our outreach to schools and teachers, and further developing our environmental education curricula and programming
- Coordinating the Litter Free School Zone Program
- Presenting environmental education programs and lessons in schools
- Assisting in planning and carrying out additional events as needed, such as America Recycles Day
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
A bachelor’s degree is required, and experience in community organizing and/or education preferred.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, have strong organizational skills, and public speaking experience.
- Social Worker, Puentes de Salud
- 2022-2023 Cohort, Community Resource Corps, City of Phila.
- Outreach Coordinator, ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.