Pt-time Case Manager, Carnell Family Resource Center
Case Manager (Carnell Family Resource Center) – part time
Deadline to apply 8/5/16
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Case Manager for the Family Resource Center at Carnell Elementary School. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Case Manager’s role is to provide case management and support services for the students and families of Carnell Elementary School. Students face many barriers to learning, some of which have nothing to do with their academic skills or cognitive abilities, but are impeding their learning and the learning of their classmates. The Family Resource Center exists to help students and families identify and remove these barriers to learning.
Hours: 20 hours/week for a 12 month position (Mon.-Thurs.). Possibility of higher weekly hours in a 10-month (school year) position.
1. Intake of students and families
2. General case management with a caseload of 10-12 families
3. Service contract development for each family
4. Forming and maintaining close communication with school staff and teachers.
5. Maintaining all appropriate case files and documentation
6. Ongoing evaluation with family
7. Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Family Resource Center Coordinator
▪ An understanding of and a commitment to the mission of Oxford Circle CCDA: To extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field plus 2 years experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
▪ Knowledge, experience and skills in working with families and children.
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Strong interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via mail or e-mail to:
Attn: Program Director
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
900 East Howell Street
Philadelphia, PA 19149
- Sustainability Coordinator, Temple University Office of Sustainability
- Carpenter, Habitat for Humanity – Sep 2
- Lead Carpenter, Habitat for Humanity – Sep 2
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.