Pt-time After School Teacher, Honickman Learning Center
Posted by Project HOME on February 26, 2018
Part time out of school time Teacher for after school program in state of the art technology center. Teacher plans and implements lesson plans that include project based learning in Reading and Technology. Teacher collaborates with staff, parents and volunteers and assists with the recruitment and retention of students leading to full enrollment in program. Assists in the coordinating of transportation of students to the after school program when needed.
Hours are 3:00 – 6:00pm during school year. Flexible schedule during times when public schools are not in session (report card conferences, staff development). Additional 1hr/day paid prep period with flexibility to complete prep (lesson planning and preparation) on site 2-3:00, 6-7:00 or remotely.
Location is Honickman Learning Center-Comcast Technology Labs (N. Phila: 1936 N. Judson St.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and nurture a welcoming, supportive and cooperative relationship with children, parents and staff
· Prepare and submit weekly lessons plans
· Plan and implement daily lesson plans designed to raise literacy levels of children
· Plan and implement at least 4 out of school time structured activity units each school year
· Assist in recruitment and retention of students for K-8 program
· Collaborate with the Assistant Teacher in delivery of lessons and activities
· Provide technology lessons to ensure that appropriate grade level skills are mastered
· Maintain accurate daily attendance
· Collaborate with Manager, the K-8 staff team and teachers to ensure that students’ individualized needs are appropriately addressed
· Assist with student transportation to the program
· Maintain an orderly classroom
· Assist with set-up and clean-up at afterschool meal time
· Communicate with IT helpdesk regarding IT needs
· Assist with planning, arranging and supervising students on field trips
· Participate in required professional development programs, staff meetings and parent meetings
· Bachelor Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education
· Child care experience
· Good communication skills (verbal & written)
· Awareness of Developmental Needs of Elementary school students
· Good computer skills
· Valid driver’s license
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Criminal background and drug screen required.
- Academic Coordinator for Online Instruction, Civic Education Project – Summer 2022
- Program Manager (Full-Time), Book Trust – Feb 2
- Real-World Learning Project Manager, Phila. Learning Collaborative
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.