Project Specialist, Tactile Design Group
Posted by on May 21, 2012
Tactile Design Group is hiring a Project Specialist to work on a contract with the U.S. Department of Education that is tasked with maintaining and developing the You For Youth (Y4Y) web portal (http://www.y4y.ed.gov).
The You For Youth web portal is a centralized repository of professional development resources and customizable tools that reflect promising practices in line with the Secretary of Education’s priorities in out of school time programming. The ideal candidate will have experience working with adult learners from a very wide variety of backgrounds, and will have experience in both teaching and administration in after school programs.
The Project Specialist is a full-time position based in Philadelphia, PA.
• Coordinating day-to-day professional development activities on the Y4Y portal
• Responding to programmatic questions and concerns from portal users by recommending improvements to make the portal more user-friendly and relevant
• Reporting functionality issues to technical staff
• Facilitating focus groups and technical working group meetings
• Maintaining a foothold in the fields of education, distance learning, and out-of-school time to be aware of current research, trends, and needs
• Contributing to conceptualization, design, and layout of new content modules and online and face-to-face trainings
• Consulting with the Training Specialists and Content Specialists on webinar and module development
• Reviewing content prior to publication online
• Co-facilitating trainings and webinars as needed
• Contributing to monthly reports and participating in monthly calls with the COR
• Acting as a spokesperson for the portal within the national context
• Experience developing and managing afterschool programs (21st Century Community Learning Centers funded programs preferred)
• Experience in adult education, professional development, or higher education
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning
• Demonstrated knowledge of K-12 education and/or afterschool, non-formal, or experiential education
• Strong work ethic, highly-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, able to work independently and on teams.
• Demonstrated written and communication skills, including electronic media
• Experience developing strong interpersonal relationships with diverse groups
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Experience in developing and delivering online and face-to-face training
• Experience evaluating the effectiveness of trainings and developing continuous improvement plans based on user feedback
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in education or a related field, PhD preferred
• Eight to ten years post-graduate experience
• Availability to travel nationally
Tactile Design Group
109 S 13th Suite 3N
Philadelphia, PA 19107 | (215)-732-2311
- Program Coordinator, Intergenerational Center
- Family & Friends Program Coordinator, Temple Univ.
- Workforce Employment Specialist, College of Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.