Project Coordinator/Trainer, PhilaPOSH
Posted by on July 04, 2011
Job Title: Project Coordinator/Trainer
Position Type: Full-time
Schedule: Basic Schedule Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm, must be flexible for evening & weekend meetings and/or trainings.
Duration: 12 months (Oct 1, 2011 – Sept 30, 2011) with option to extend based on continued funding.
Provide training, curriculum development, outreach and recruitment, and support for grant funded training. Support includes scheduling of classes, detailed record keeping and reports, and material preparation. Outreach includes electronic and printed outreach, media and personal outreach to construction contractors, community organizations, unions, displaced worker programs and immigrant organizations. Must be willing to do field work. Reports to Director and works with other Philaposh staff, training consultants and OSHA program staff.
• Ability to train adult learners as well as youth (ages 14-18yrs) on a variety of health and safety topics.
• Assist in the development of marketing and recruitment strategies for signature training programs involving youth, adult workers and under and unemployed workers.
• Work with staff members and consultants to develop and attain current program outcomes and development of new programs.
• Coalition building with various constituencies including unions, community non- profit and faith based organizations, governmental agencies, educational institutions
• Develop/produce presentations and reports in support of training and information
• Provide assistance to other staff when necessary
• Handle miscellaneous office duties (i.e. answering phones, filing, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills
• Work, life and educational experiences that compliment this position
• Comfortable with external situations and interactions with diverse audiences.
• Training experience with adult learners and youth (ages 14-18yrs).
• Organizational experience involving recruitment, membership or organizing preferably with a non-profit, educational institution or labor union.
• Excellent project management skills
• PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
Additional Information: Position includes health benefits. Candidate will be a union member of Communication Workers of America, local 38010.
Preferred but not required: Spanish speaking, background in health and safety or construction, authorized OSHA trainer in Construction Industry (OSHA 500)
- Post-Secondary Program Coordinator, Transition Program, Summer Search
- Development Coordinator, Summer Search
- Associate Wellness Director or Wellness Director, Puentes de Salud
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.