Program & Trek Coordinator (PA), buildOn
Posted by buildOn on June 2, 2014
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through education and service. The mission of buildOn is to enhance education and empower youth in the U.S. to make a positive difference in their communities while helping people of developing countries increase their self-reliance through education. buildOn runs after school programming for 3975 high school students across the US and has built over 618 primary schools worldwide in the last 20 years.
Overview of the Role
The Program & Trek Coordinator is responsible for running a successful buildOn program at a buildOn partner high schools that engage a total of 150 students weekly through the buildOn core activities of service, education and building schools. There is one position open in the Philadelphia, PA. The Program & Trek Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the 8 buildOn program strategies to ensure students have a variety of ways to engage with the program to hit the monthly service goal of 975 service hours contributed/month. The Program & Trek Coordinator also cultivates a strong relationship with the partner high school and will ensure strong support from admin and faculty throughout the school year. In addition to this work, the Program and Trek Coordinator recruits, selects, preps and leads, or supports, 2 Trek for Knowledge teams per year to participate in building a school alongside community members in one of our rural project countries.
- Oversee buildOn program activities to engage 150 students weekly in contributing 975 hours of service to their community every month.
- Implement the 8 buildOn strategies to engage students weekly in the buildOn core activities.
- Organize and execute special service events such as Alternative Breaks, Summer Programming and school specific programming
- Create and Maintain strong relationships with school and community stakeholders
- Monitor and submit weekly Key Performance Indicators through Salesforce
- Manage annual Impact Evaluation process for program
- Work with Trek Manager to select Trek teams which includes: preparing applications; working with other Program Coordinators to recruit applicants; interviewing candidates, communicating with parents, and selecting Trek participants
- Lead Trek for Knowledge in the field which includes: traveling ahead of the team to prepare, school construction; rural host family stay; Wilderness First Responder medical care, emergency response; cultural workshops; language instruction; daily reflection; journaling; and free time
- Organize and conduct three Pre-Trek and two Post-Trek workshops which include: teambuilding; primers on cultural immersion; logistical preparation; cultural re-immersion; and preparation for students to share the experience in their communities
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- HBCU Summer Fellowship, Defender Association of Philadelphia – Mar 31
- Narrative Change Strategist (Hybrid Position), Elon University
- Director, Children’s Community School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.