Program Strategist for Place-Based Initiatives, Phila. Office of Sustainability
The Program Strategist for Place-Based Initiatives will have a vital role in building community resilience through comprehensive place-based innovations. The role will advance a strategic framework that draws upon whole-of-government resources to implement community-driven interventions that rectify historic and current environmental injustice at the center of climate vulnerability.
In implementing this framework, the Program Specialist will facilitate community power building strategies that enable residents to participate as co-creators in the development and implementation of interventions to meet local needs.
In support of these strategic priorities, the Program Strategist will hone in on the following near-term objectives:
- Reduce the structural barriers that constrain the capacity of community-based leadership to define for themselves the solutions most relevant to the unique climate challenges they face.
- Build capacity to apply for, receive, and utilize federal funds that have been allocated to communities experiencing environmental injustice (i.e., Justice40 commitment).
- Establish and steward a place-based, cross-sector implementation model for delivering interventions co-created with those most impacted
This is a full-time, grant-funded position that runs through June 2023. It reports to the Place-Based Initiatives Manager. This position is supported by the Operations Transformation Fund (OTF). The OTF is a $10 million internal City fund which is investing in transformative municipal projects over the next two fiscal years (2022 and 2023). Across different City departments, OTF projects are implementing people-centered and sustainable solutions that focus on efficient and equitable service provision to benefit Philadelphians. OTF project teams receive ongoing support and assistance from the City’s Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), which manages the OTF, and participate in activities as a cohort.
Requires bachelor’s degree or combo of 4 yrs education and/or experience, +2 yrs experience.
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
- Project Coordinator, Hope Center
- Legislative Affairs Manager (Remote & In-Person), Philadelphia Corporation for Aging
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.