Program Officer Creative Communities, William Penn Foundation
Posted by William Penn Foundation on April 21, 2020
The William Penn Foundation is a leading American philanthropy located in Philadelphia with over $2 billion in assets and a $100+ million annual grant budget. The Foundation has charted a vision consistent with its enduring focus on education, the environment and the cultural vitality of Greater Philadelphia.
The overarching aim of the Creative Communities program is to foster a vibrant and creative Philadelphia by supporting a diverse arts and cultural sector, creating arts education experiences that increase student access to the arts, and supporting the development of high-quality public spaces as platforms for community building, civic engagement, and cultural expression.
Our team is inspired by the projects and organizations we support through our grants. We seek candidates who are equally passionate about Philadelphia and believe change can occur through collaboration, hard work, tenacity, and entrepreneurial spirit.
The William Penn Foundation is now hiring a Program Officer for the Creative Communities program.
The Program Officer will support grantmaking strategies focused on the arts and culture sector. In addition, the Program Officer will engage in research projects, evaluation programs, convenings, and conferences that position and reinforce WPF as a center of innovative thinking and thought leadership in the arts and culture sector.
- Grantmaking to advance arts and culture strategies, including research, outreach, due diligence, and preparing written recommendations to the Board.
- Grantmaking work involves: collaborating internally to improve grant guidelines; publicizing grant opportunities; soliciting proposals; guiding organizations during application process; making award recommendations; preparing materials for internal review; monitoring grant progress; assisting grantees with grant project planning, coordination, communications and troubleshooting as necessary; learning from and evaluating grant activities; and applying this learning to future grantmaking.
- Effectively communicating with and guiding applicants and grantees throughout grant development and monitoring periods.
- Develop and lead strategy-focused evaluation activities.
- Develop and organize grantee and partner convenings, support research and conduct other activities that support field building in the arts sector.
- Employ communications tools such as Twitter and Foundation blog to enhance public understanding of Foundation’s strategic goals.
- Provide oversight and management for Program Associate-level staff assigned to support the work.
- Participate in team meetings, planning, and goal setting.
- Promote and model excellent external relations with grantees and partners.
- Travel to and participate in external meetings and conferences to support learning and dissemination of program work
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Learn more and apply: https://williampennfoundation.org/employment-opportunities
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.