Program Manager, The Book Trust
Posted by Book Trust on June 23, 2020
Position: Program Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Hours: Full time
Book Trust is a national early literacy 501(c)3 organization that helps elementary school children with little or no access to books fall in love with reading and become lifelong learners. With Book Trust, students learn the power of choice and pride of ownership, motivating them to succeed. Book Trust believes that when children have access to books we create a world in which literacy removes barriers and provides children the tools to navigate life successfully, bridging the opportunity gap. In the 2019-2020 school year, Book Trust provided 750k+ books to 57,000 underserved students. We collaborate with Scholastic Publishing, School Districts, and Teachers to deliver our program in 21 states across the country.
Based in Philadelphia, this position is responsible for quality program delivery in Philadelphia School District classrooms, along with additional Book Trust schools through the maintenance of operations, training and support of teachers/Book Trust Managers and the recruitment of additional student enrollment. Management of high levels of teacher usage, the program database Dashboard, and successfully resolving teacher customer service issues are essential. This position will also establish local relationships and cultivate additional funding partners.
• Responsible for ensuring a 95% teacher usage rate and 100% training rate by building and maintaining relationships with Book Trust Managers and Teachers in Book Trust’s Eastern Program region, throughout the school year.
• Builds and manages region-specific program data trackers, documents, and communication.
• Handles full customer service experience which includes teacher and Book Trust Manager inquiries.
• Supports new schools program usage, including working with teachers to ensure onboarding.
• Builds a pipeline of Elementary Schools in Philadelphia for expansion of the program.
• Works closely with and carefully manages relationships with the School District of Philadelphia and the William Penn Foundation, our major funder.
• Updates and revises program documentation as needed, with an emphasis on aligning resources with relevant research.
• Establishes and cultivates funding, volunteering and literacy partnerships to support the region.
• Coordinates, supports and attends Book Trust events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Powerpoint.
• Demonstrates a passion for the organization’s mission.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented focus.
• An effective and open communicator, with high-level oral and writing skills.
• A sense of humor and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Knowledge of Blackboard and development relationship databases, DPO knowledge a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining collaborative working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to organize workload, maintain several projects of equal priority at once, and sustain productivity and accuracy under pressure.
• Understanding of working with and maintaining confidential information.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to success.
• Professional and mature demeanor with strong ethical standards and ability to adapt to change.
• Ability to work remotely and travel as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
• A competitive benefits package.
• A collaborative work environment and the opportunity to make an impact in the education and nonprofit sectors.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the organization’s President and CEO, Kellie O’Keefe: email@example.com by June 29th, 2020. Please refer to the Program Manager role in the Subject Line.
Book Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
- Summer Program Instructor, Workshop School
- Be a Philly pool hero: lifeguard training now open
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.