Program Manager, ResCare Workforce Services
Posted by on April 21, 2014
POSITION: Program Manager, ResCare Workforce Services
REPORTS TO: Program Director
Provide oversight of the Montgomery County Youth WIA and TANF programs. Position includes direct supervision of 3 staff as well as supervision of temporary staff and interns during the summer program. Primary duties include providing regular reporting on program progress to the WIB and troubleshooting any issues contracted service providers have in implementing WIA & TANF programs. Work in a team environment with other supervisors within the Montgomery County Department of Commerce while providing primary oversight on contract compliance for service providers. Provide supervision and program structure for a small direct service component of the program.
• Supervise and assist the Quality Assurance Analyst/Trainer in reviewing case files for eligibility, maintaining case files in an orderly fashion, training providers in WIA/TANF guidelines, and organizing the bi-monthly Provider Academy, where technical assistance is given to Service Providers.
• Supervise and assist the Community Liaison in strengthening partnerships with community and faith based organizations, community and private colleges, businesses and Montgomery County School Districts.
• Supervise the Youth Workforce Coordinator in the recruitment and engagement of eligible In-School and Out-of-School Youth. Ensure the WIA 10 elements are provided to Youth through the direct service component of the program.
• Report to the WIB director regarding program status and implementation of new initiatives.
• Research Best Practices in Youth Workforce Development in order to recommend a plan of services to the WIB for future program years. Evaluate & develop SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) on an on-going basis.
– Coordinate the creation of a newsletter for the Montgomery County Youth Council.
– Review quality control standards in order to comply with the company Best-In-Class program standards.
– Assist contractors in recruitment of In-School and Out-of-School for a variety of WIB offered program as well as for alternative career programs not funded by the WIB such as Job Corp and YearUp.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Required proficiency in Microsoft Office.
– Knowledge of Workforce Investment Act Programming a plus.
– Knowledge of resources and contacts within Montgomery County a plus.
– Experience designing and evaluating programs.
– Experience with curriculum and core standards alignment.
– Strong collaboration skills and experiences.
– Extensive standing, sitting, computer, phone, and deskwork required; work primarily in a defined office environment with specified hours, although flexible hours may be required.
– Applicant should have the ability to work in dynamic environment and adjust priorities and responsibilities on a regular basis along while maintaining strong follow-through.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of acceptable related experience and or training may be substituted. Must have valid PA drivers license and ability to travel throughout county with personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement is provided). Must be able to pass criminal background check and initial drug test.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $48,000-51,000. Benefits include health care and dental coverage.
This description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the JD and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
- Culinary Medicine Dietitian, Vetri Community Partnership
- Learn more about Rebuild’s skilled trades Winter 2024 academies – Jan 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.