Program Manager, Out of School Youth & Young Adults
Posted by ResCare Workforce Services on November 23, 2015
PROGRAM MANAGER – OUT OF SCHOOL YOUTH/YOUNG ADULTS
Responsible for overseeing the project’s programmatic activities and operations. Reviews, recommends, reports and implements programs to ensure that the project meets contractual obligations and compliance issues. Analyzes processes and procedures to optimize performance. Defines and sets operational goals. Prioritizes assignments and adjusts or adapts service delivery as needed.
• Understand all technical aspects of the operational units.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies related to welfare and workforce programs.
• Maximize performance and productivity.
• Direct/delegate staff responsibilities to meet and/or exceed performance standards.
• Facilitate meetings with partners to promote full, frequent communication.
• Review staff performance and recommend corrective actions as needed.
• Coordinate training activities to ensure that all operations staff are properly trained to implement project activities effectively.
• Participate in development and maintenance of standard operating procedures.
• Related Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in workforce service programs (TANF, WIA, One-Stop Operation, etc.).
• Experience organizing, planning and developing program operations at a supervisory level.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Detailed program knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and human resource management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel between operation sites, attend meetings, events as directed.
Provide oversight of the Bucks County Youth WIA and TANF programs. Program provides services to Youth/Young Adults (ages 16 – 24) Position includes direct supervision of staff as well as supervision of interns. Primary duties include providing regular reporting on program progress to the WIB and troubleshooting any issues contracted service providers have in implementing WIA & TANF programs. Work in a team environment with other supervisors within the Bucks County CareerLink and Workforce Investment Board while providing primary oversight on contract compliance. Provide supervision and program structure for a small direct service component of the program. Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of acceptable related experience and or training may be substituted. Must have valid PA drivers license and ability to travel throughout county with personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement is provided). Must be able to pass criminal background check and initial drug test.
At ResCare, you will be part of an established and highly regarded organization with a proud 40-year tradition of making a vital difference in the lives of the people we serve. Not only will you see the positive results of your work each and every day, but you will also have plenty of opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Our senior leadership team has been with us, on average, for a decade or more, and several of them began their careers with us as direct caregivers. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation benefits package!
Program Manager – Out of School Youth/Young Adults
ResCare Workforce Services
Where Care Meets Career
1200 New Rodgers Road, Bristol, PA 19007
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.