Program Leader – Education, Lenfest Center
Posted by Lenfest Center on February 29, 2016
The Lenfest Center is a privately owned and operated community center located in the Hunting Park community of North Philadelphia. The center’s mission is to improve the mental, physical and social health of youth in the Hunting Park community. We provide space and resources for outside organizations and offer academic and recreational programs for youth in grades K-12. The Lenfest Center is an equal opportunity employer. For more information visit: http://www.lenfestcenter.org
Position: PROGRAM LEADER – EDUCATION
Hours and Benefits: Part-time position. Hourly salary, paid sick leave, professional development opportunities. Important: Work hours will be in the evenings from 2:00-7:00pm Monday-Thursday and Fridays 11am-4pm. Having those hours free is crucial for anyone applying for this position. This position is for one year, with the possibility of renewal upon review.
Program Leader – Education: This is a unique opportunity for a highly qualified individual to assist in the creation and implementation of innovative out-of-school programs for youths in grades K-8. The Program Leader will work closely with the Education team to build a year-round educational and enrichment curriculum for a group of (15) students in the Lenfest Learners After-School Program. Candidates must have experience working with youth, must be comfortable interacting with youth of all ages and backgrounds, and must be passionate about helping youth reach their full potential as leaders and learners.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
1. Responsible for the daily management of a specific age group in the Lenfest Learners program. Create and implement curriculum and work towards goals developed in conjunction with Education Manager and Education Coordinator.
2. Work with Education Manger and Education Coordinator to develop a classroom management plan that aims to reward positive behavior and resolve student conflict with restorative mediation.
3. Assist in planning and supervision of non-Lenfest Learners activities and clubs.
4. Provide supervision for field trips and special events.
5. Uphold the Lenfest Center Code of Conduct to its highest standard to ensure a safe and positive environment for all who enter the building.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and two professional references. In-lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible:
1. How do you define classroom engagement and describe in detail your classroom management style.
2. What lessons, issues, or areas of development do you feel are important to explore with youth? Briefly, explain how you could do so.
3. Tell us in a few lines what would make you a dynamic addition to our center and staff.
Please submit documents to:
Education Manager, The Lenfest Center
3890 N. 10th St. Philadelphia PA 19140
- Assistant Director for Local Service and Community Engagement, Villanova Univ. – Nov 1
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.