Program Director/Organizer, Childspace Cooperative Development Inc.
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Childspace Cooperative Development Inc. (Childspace CDI) is seeking an experienced Program Director/Organizer.
Childspace CDI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of jobs for traditionally low-paid child care workers, and, thereby, the quality of care received by children. Childspace CDI is engaged in changing the field by empowering teachers, directors and owners of childcare businesses to be actively involved in increasing quality at their worksites and in policies affecting the field as a whole. CCDI accomplishes this through training, leadership development and organizing. CCDI has a small, dedicated and experienced staff that works collaboratively to achieve its mission.
- Design and coordinate training programs. Work with staff to schedule workshops, publicize and ensure quality.
- Assist Director with fundraising – writing proposals and grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Oversee publications including newsletter and press releases.
- Coordinate organizing work of organization – including reaching out to and working closely with member/leaders, organizing meetings, developing strategy in consultation with constituents.
- Minimal evening and weekend work requirements. Full time position, but will consider 4/5 time if preferred.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a wide and diverse audience including front-line workers, leadership of partner organizations, members of the media, philanthropic and civic leaders, staff and Board.
Enthusiastic about Childspace CDI’s mission.
Some staff and/or volunteer supervision experience.
Bachelors Degree in related field.
Experience in program development, execution of program plans, reports and evaluation.
Experience in policy analysis and/or organizing.
Experience with early education or working with women’s issues helpful.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits available: health care, child care and family friendly environment.
To apply: Interested candidates should email their resume and a detailed letter explaining their qualifications, interest in the position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
- Project Assistant (F.A.C.E), School District of Phila.
- Policy Director, YSRP – Aug 27
- K-12 Program Specialist II, Grades 5-6 (Full Time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.