Program Director, Playworks, PA
Posted by Playworks on May 17, 2022
ABOUT PLAYWORKS, at Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing the school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills by partnering with schools, districts, and after-school programs through services including digital engagement, on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support play, and consultative partnerships.
ABOUT THE POSITION, as the Program Director of Playworks Pennsylvania, you will report to the Regional Director and lead the planning and implementation of Playworks’ comprehensive school-based play and youth development programming. In this position, you are responsible for managing the recruitment, staffing, performance, training and development of all program staff and/or AmeriCorps Members, partnerships with schools and districts, grant compliance and evaluation, and initiatives that drive regional scaling and sustainability. You will be part of the regional leadership team, providing leadership that focuses on Playworks’ three pillars of regional success: sustainable financials, sustainable impact and sustainable teams. Specifically you will:
- Lead regional impact strategy, along with Regional Director and Partnership Experience Director, that aligns with organizational goals of increasing schools’ ownership over safe and healthy play and ultimately creating long-term systems change in public education
- Direct all elements of Playworks direct service programming, including planning, implementation, training, evaluation and program quality, with a lens for moving schools to independence from Playworks
- Develop and manage a robust recruitment, hiring and retention plan for all regional program positions with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Provide leadership and management for Program Managers, including their onboarding and ongoing learning and development and performance management
- Provide ongoing leadership, support and coaching to program team to ensure high program quality and strong school partnerships;
- Jointly develop and implement a strategic sustainability plan as a member of the regional Leadership Team
- Work with the Partnership Experience Director to recruit, retain and grow school partnerships at both the school and district level
- Administrative duties such as drafting school direct service partnership contracts and RFP responses that meet both Playworks and partner requirements, maintaining school partnership files in Salesforce and on Google Drive, tracking and reporting on school fee collection to the Regional Director, serving as the main point of contact for school fees and school accounts payable, and other related tasks
- Manage regional volunteer strategy, funder/grant compliance – including oversight of AmeriCorps programming- and annual assessments, evaluation and data collection processes to ensure compliance and timely completion
- Monitor program budget and accounting for program expenditures in collaboration with the Regional Director;
- Represent Playworks at regional events, district meetings and local partnership coalitions
- Work closely with the headquarters team and other regional Program Directors throughout the country to share best practices and promote learning.
- Assistant Director for Local Service and Community Engagement, Villanova Univ. – Nov 1
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.