Program Development Internship, CityLights Network
Posted by CityLights Network on August 11, 2014
Program Development Internship – fall
CityLights builds neighborhood capacity by developing partnerships and collaboration within and beyond the Southwest Philly community. We host monthly network meetings, link community partners to resources like funding, volunteers, and donated goods, highlight successes in the local media, and sponsor special events and joint service projects. Our goal is for residents to flourish, for organizations to shine, and for all who participate to be encouraged and changed.
About the Position
CityLights is seeking a dynamic intern who will help us link volunteers with community organizations in Southwest Philly. Currently, we have an informal system of connecting individuals and groups that want to serve with community partners who could use their help. Our desire is to increase the number of volunteers, to help our partners engage volunteers more effectively, to think strategically about using volunteers in larger, more complex projects, and to encourage longer term relationships between volunteers and community groups. To do this, we need to develop effective systems for recruitment, project assessment, and communication.
• research models for volunteer placement and recommend a strategy for CityLights
• establish a system for tracking community volunteer needs
• develop a workshop for community groups to engage volunteers more effectively
• create orientation/training/evaluation materials for volunteers
• assist with data base upkeep
• assist with social media and website upkeep regarding these and other projects
• establish relationships with citywide volunteer service groups
• host volunteer groups periodically
• Outgoing team player who is well organized and self-motivated
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Flexible and able to juggle multiple projects
• Solid research skills and detail-oriented
• Working knowledge of social media sites including Facebook and YouTube
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft office suite, experience with data entry
• Strong interest in urban community development and ability to relate comfortably in a diverse neighborhood
The Intern will work with CityLights for twelve weeks of the fall semester, with a flexible start date in mid-September. The position requires 8-12 hours per week; events may fall on weekends periodically. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit. A stipend of $500 is provided at the completion of the semester. Contact: Carey Davis, 215-729-1982 or email@example.com for more information.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.