Program Coordinator, Youth Programs (Part-Time), North10 Phila.
Posted by North10 Philadelphia on July 26, 2022
Who We Are:
Through strong partnerships with a shared vision and mutual accountability, North10, Philadelphia works to improve the life outcomes for community members in Hunting Park-East Tioga by facilitating economic growth, increasing housing options, enhancing learning opportunities, and promoting physical and emotional wellness in order for current residents and future generations to live happy, healthy, and civically engaged lives.
Since 2007, the Lenfest Center has provided youth of the Hunting Park-East Tioga sections of North Philadelphia with a welcoming, safe, and enriching refuge from systemic neighborhood violence, poverty, and a myriad of other trauma-inducing challenges. In 2018, North10, Philadelphia was formed as the parent organization, with the Center as the cornerstone of innovative and inclusive efforts to revitalize this neighborhood. North10’s goal is community development without displacement: to improve the neighborhood with the people of this neighborhood.
What You’ll Do:
As the Youth Programs Coordinator, you will report to and be evaluated by the Director of Children and Youth Programs/Services (DCYPS) and will assist with planning and implementing youth programming at the Lenfest Center. You will be responsible for directly running programs/activities and is tasked with building/supporting responsive, innovative youth programs and activities, in addition to:
- Be primarily responsible for care and oversight of youth in assigned group
- Build a positive relationship with each youth participant in your care and foster positive connections between participants. Actively always engage with children with the goal of fostering the positive development of each child in the group.
- Carry out specific projects, as directed by DCYPS
- Adhere to policies and procedures in a pro-active manner, making safety and care of children your primary focus.
- Supervise youth transitions, meals program, arrival, and dismissal
- Assist with daily reports of attendance and incidents to DCYPS
- Support DCYPS in compliance with policies and procedures for program partners, community members, and youth
- Participate in staff development opportunities for staff and volunteers
- Support a productive work environment
- Help build positive relations with youth and within North10 and external parties
- Assist the DCYPS in the planning, organizing, and implementing lesson and activities with youth
- Follow up with parents and guardians regarding attendance and behavior
- Support a positive climate and culture that encourages positive character growth and responsibility among youth
- Assist program partners in the successful implementation of activities
- Other duties, as assigned
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.