Program Coordinator, Youth Programs (Full-Time), North10 Phila.
Posted by North10 Philadelphia on July 26, 2022
Who We Are:
Through strong partnerships with a shared vision and mutual accountability, North10, Philadelphia works to improve the life outcomes for community members in Hunting Park-East Tioga by facilitating economic growth, increasing housing options, enhancing learning opportunities, and promoting physical and emotional wellness in order for current residents and future generations to live happy, healthy, and civically engaged lives.
Since 2007, the Lenfest Center has provided youth of the Hunting Park-East Tioga sections of North Philadelphia with a welcoming, safe, and enriching refuge from systemic neighborhood violence, poverty, and a myriad of other trauma-inducing challenges. In 2018, North10, Philadelphia was formed as the parent organization, with the Center as the cornerstone of innovative and inclusive efforts to revitalize this neighborhood. North10’s goal is community development without displacement: to improve the neighborhood with the people of this neighborhood.
What You’ll Do:
As the Program Coordinator, Youth Programs, you will report to and be evaluated by the Director of Children and Youth Programs/Services (DCYPS) and will support all Youth programs during the school year and summer months. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Support DCYPS with program scheduling, with special attention to the developmental needs of youth in grades 8-12
- Be primarily responsible for care and oversight of youth in grades 8-12
- Build trusting relationships with youth, modeling positive character traits
- Enter and keep updated youth records in database
- Be a key contact to parents/guardians
- Carry out specific projects, as directed by DCYPS
- Supervise youth transitions, snack program, arrival, and dismissal
- Supervise and track youth arrival and dismissal
- Provide daily reports of attendance and incidents of Youth programs and activities
- Support DCYPS in compliance with policies and procedures for program partners, community members, and youth
- Participate in staff development opportunities for staff and volunteers
- Support a productive work environment
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Play a key role in the planning, organizing, and implementing community events
- Follow up with parents and guardians regarding attendance and behavior
- Support a positive climate and culture that encourages growth and responsibility among youth
- Work with program partners to successfully implement activities
- Identify additional opportunities and resources that support program goals
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.