Program Coordinator, South Kensington Community Partners
Posted by South Kensington Community Partners on June 2, 2014
Below is a breakdown of the Program Coordinators responsibilities; as this position encompasses a broad field, this list is not all-inclusive and is subject to amendments.
- Organize, promote and conduct community meetings, briefings, special events and projects. Ensure meetings and events are well-organized, with proper representation for staff, board, or committee members, set-up and breakdown of meeting/events locations.
- Refer residents to sources of assistance in city government and other organizations.
- Assist with election of Neighborhood Advisory Committee
- Disseminate information about neighborhood activities and events including coordination the publication of weekly news article and quarterly newsletter
- Follow and improve office procedures. Maintain appropriate records and reporting files for NAC services to include database of neighborhood issues
- Represent SKCP and the NAC with partner organizations, city agencies, neighborhood groups and meetings/events pertinent to mission of the organization.
- Provide capacity-building assistance to a network of community gardens and urban farms located in South Kensington and facilitate the creation of a local open space land trust.
- Foster and assist volunteer stewardship efforts of Parks Friends groups and other open space efforts
- Support and assist volunteer stewardship of street tree planting, care and planning
- Provide information to residents and committees on city planning and zoning matters
- Assist with researching grant opportunities and application preparation
- Provide documentation of services for grant funded project reports
- Record, file, and maintain documents of day-to-day activities
- Answer phones and manage inquiries
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or two (2) years post-secondary education with related experience
- Ability to organize and empower residents and build organizational coalitions
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team Familiarity HTML, AdobePhotoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and other mapping tools a plus
- Experience managing websites, WordPress preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership ability, and self-motivation
- Knowledge of city-wide agencies and policies (as applicable to community development); knowledge of North Philadelphia organizations and issues preferred
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.