Program Coordinator, Philadelphia Robotics Coalition – Nov 25
Posted by Philadelphia Robotics Coalition on November 22, 2022
The Philadelphia Robotics Coalition seeks to hire a full-time Program Coordinator who will work with the Program Manager and other staff to provide training and support to robotics coaches and teams, and to support the planning and execution of robotics events.
The Philadelphia Robotics Coalition has a vision that every Philadelphia public school student will have access to a high-quality robotics program in their school or community. Our mission is to build an ecosystem that supports the next generation of STEM and community leaders through skills development, collaboration, and mentorship. We seek to drive equity and diversity within STEM education.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Manager. The Coordinator shall work collaboratively with the Program Manager and other staff to:
- Provide email, telephone, or in-person advice, guidance, and information to coaches to promote team success.
- Maintain regular communication with coaches to monitor and support team activities virtually and in-person.
- Assist in planning and delivering coach training.
- Assist in planning and executing Coalition events.
- Monitor team mentorship needs, mentor availability, and mentor engagement.
- Maintain coach, participant, and Coalition databases
- Demonstrate growth mindsets by creating a work environment that is supportive, positive, highly collaborative, and open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
The position requires a commitment to community-building and a passion for bringing ideas to life. Candidates should have experience with youth-based programs, STEM education, and/or Philadelphia public schools. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, which includes knowledge of spreadsheets, Google drive, etc., comfort with and some experience working with K-12 students and adults. Experience with FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST LEGO League robotics programs or similar is a plus. Post-secondary educational experience (degree/s, coursework, certificate program, etc.) is preferred. This position requires significant weekend and evening work.
Position requires being present in Philadelphia and able to travel around the city to visit schools. Clearances/background checks mandatory, per Pennsylvania school laws. Projected start date: December 5, 2022.
Application deadline: November 25, 2022
- Education Supervisor, Puentes de Salud
- Clinical Lab Assistant at CHOP, Training & Job Opportunity – Dec 14
- Bilingual Collective Impact Coordinator, Ceiba
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.