Program Coordinator (PA), buildOn
Posted by buildOn on June 2, 2014
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through education and service. The mission of buildOn is to enhance education and empower youth in the U.S. to make a positive difference in their communities while helping people of developing countries increase their self-reliance through education. buildOn runs after school programming for 3975 high school students across the US and has built over 618 primary schools worldwide in the last 20 years.
Overview of the Role
The Program Coordinator is responsible for running a successful buildOn program at 1 buildOn partner high schools that engage a total of 150 students weekly through the buildOn core activities of service, education and building schools. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the 8 buildOn program strategies to ensure students have a variety of ways to engage with the program to hit the monthly service goal. The Program Coordinator also holds a very strong relationship with the partner high school and will ensure strong support from admin and faculty throughout the school year.
- Oversee buildOn program activities to engage 150 students weekly in contributing 975 hours of service to their community every month.
- Implement the 8 buildOn strategies to engage students weekly in the buildOn core activities.
- Organize and execute special service events such as Alternative Breaks, Summer Programming and school specific programming
- Create and Maintain strong relationships with school and community stakeholders
- Monitor and submit weekly Key Performance Indicators through Salesforce
- Manage annual Impact Evaluation process for program
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- buildOn seeks a Youth Development professional who has experience working within a high school running youth development programming
- The candidate must have considerable knowledge in the field of Youth Development and Service Learning and should have experience providing training and professional development for staff.
- Have good knowledge of the Public School System as well as some familiarity with the Non-Profit Sector in the region.
- The candidate should have experience living or working in the city where this position is located.
- Relevant 4 year degree & a minimum of 2 years’ experience in youth development and International development work.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, initiative, problem solving skills and creative ability desired
- Ability to adapt to a flexible, fast-paced and dynamic work environment & a team player and positive attitude is a must
- Must be willing to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.