Program Coordinator, iPraxis
Posted by on September 8, 2008
iPraxis, Inc., a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to establishing opportunities in science and technology for members of Philadelphia’s most underrepresented communities, is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator.
The iPraxis Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing the organization’s mission by helping to develop and manage science education, as well as entrepreneurship, programs. The iPraxis Program Coordinator will foster relationships with science volunteers, public schools, businesses and funders. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Regularly consulting with school administrators, teachers and staff to assess the forms of science support necessary and to assist in the recruitment of volunteers
• Coordinating volunteer recruitment activity, including attending and participating in professional and local community meetings to engage prospective parties and individuals
• Oversee required training, supervision and evaluation of volunteers
• Serve as a liaison between iPraxis administration, staff and volunteers
• Maintain a database of volunteers and work hours; prepare and present reports to management staff regarding changes or adjustments to the volunteer program
• Plan, assign and direct the work of volunteers
• Identifying potential funding sources for specific projects by research grant-making organizations
• Compile, write and edit grant proposals, grant reports, LOIs, appeal letters, etc.
• Oversee planning for organization fundraising activities
• Assisting with other iPraxis projects and special events
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social services, marketing, business, education or related field (Background in science education is desirable)
• Exceptional program management, communication and writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Experience in program coordination
• Experience in grant writing and fundraising is a plus
• Strong customer service, effective communication skills, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Must be detail-oriented and well-organized
iPraxis values diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, grantwriting sample and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director, Individual Freedom and Free Markets
- Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
- Project Assistant (F.A.C.E), School District of Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.