Program Coordinator (Full-Time), Phila. Robotics Coalition – Sep 1
Posted by Philadelphia Robotics Coalition on August 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Robotics Coalition seeks to hire a full-time Program Coordinator who will work with the Program Director and other staff to provide training and support to robotics coaches and teams, and to support the planning and execution of robotics events.
ABOUT THE COALITION: The Philadelphia Robotics Coalition has a vision that every Philadelphia public school student will have access to a high-quality robotics program in their school or community. Our mission is to build an ecosystem that supports the next generation of STEM and community leaders through skills development, collaboration, and mentorship. We seek to drive equity and diversity within STEM education.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Director. The Coordinator shall work collaboratively with the Program Director and other staff to:
- Provide email, telephone, or in-person advice, guidance, and information to coaches to promote team success.
- Maintain regular communication with coaches to monitor team activities.
- Assist in planning and delivering coach training.
- Assist in planning and executing Coalition events.
- Monitor team mentorship needs, mentor availability, and mentor engagement.
The position requires a commitment to community-building and a passion for bringing ideas to life.
Candidates should have experience with youth-based programs, STEM education, and/or Philadelphia public schools. They must have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, and comfort working with K-12 students and adults. Experience with FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST LEGO League robotics programs or similar is a plus. Post-secondary educational experience (degree/s, coursework, certificate program, etc.) is preferred.
TO APPLY: Please submit:
- A cover letter describing your interest in this position and how it connects with your qualifications and experience
- A resume
- 3 references
Email your application to Coalition Executive Director Robin Walker at email@example.com by September 1, 2021. No phone calls, please.
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.