Program Coordinator (Drug Free Communities), Southeast Philadelphia Collaborative
Status: Full-time, 40 hrs/wk; Non-Exempt (With Benefits)
Reports To: SEPC Director
Hours: 9am-5pm with flexible evening hours required
Posted: November 3, 2014 Closing: December 30, 2014
Summary of Southeast Philadelphia Collaborative (SEPC):
The Southeast Philadelphia Collaborative informs, educates and organizes a broad, diverse network of community partners, policymakers and stakeholders to leverage greater access to resources and opportunities that address the needs of youth in Southeast Philadelphia. As an initiative of United Communities, the collaborative encompasses the majority of the agency’s community outreach efforts. SEPC staff work to build partnerships and collaboration among agencies in the neighborhood through a combination of school-based coordination and neighborhood-based substance abuse prevention, the South Philadelphia Prevention Coalition. The Drug Free Communities Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the work of the South Philadelphia Prevention Coalition.
• Identify appropriate partner organizations or agencies to participate in the coalition
• Assure that all required sectors are represented in the coalition throughout the grant period
• As needed interface with coalition sector members to ensure consistency of membership, attendance and participate in DFC work
• Facilitate and review goals at regular coalition meetings
• Support resource and information sharing among coalition members
• Facilitate and coordinate work of partners in each sector
• Participate in CADCA and ONDCP trainings as necessary
• Coordinate support and evaluation efforts with external technical assistance providers
• Support updates and maintenance to the Collaborative’s and the Coalition’s web pages, Collaborative Facebook page, e-mail blast, and South Philadelphia resource map
• Participate in SEPC meetings including Community Council and high school partner meetings
• Attend community meetings including Safety Taskforce, Civic Association, DBH/OAS, and others as needed
• Work with the Philadelphia Police Department’s community liaisons to bring the Heads Up program to schools and youth programs in South Philadelphia
• Maintain meeting minutes, attendance logs, and engagement efforts
• Record meeting attendance in United Communities’ ETO database
Qualifications – Essential:
• Four (4) year college degree in education, social work, or social services
• Ability to network and build relationships with diverse groups of people
• Current PA State Criminal Clearance, DPW Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint, Health Appraisal w/ Mantoux TB Test
Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Essential:
• Experience leading or facilitating meetings, discussions, and/or collaborative projects
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), particularly using Excel to collate data sets and create user-friendly graphs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Desirable:
• Experience with collaboration and relationship-building.
• Basic understanding of data use and statistics.
• Experience working with diverse populations
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 215.468.5573, ATTN: Human Resources. Visit our website at http://www.ucsep.org
United Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United Communities, in its name and its mission statement, affirms its celebration of diversity. It welcomes the employment of a diverse staff and provides equal employment opportunities to all persons qualified by reason of education, training, experience and/or personal character, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, non-job related disability or military/veteran status. All employees or applicants are treated equitably with regard to hiring, promoting, demoting, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, benefits, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
- Accounting Associate (Remote), Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.